[Spridgets] Garage space - purchase questions

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 13:20:31 MDT 2007

Future - LBC content - lots of them, I hope.

I have been presented with an interesting opportunity
to buy some local shop space, some small standalone
garages of the 1300 - 3000 sq ft variety. Every time
we do any dirty work at the race track and the
chemicals are flying, Peter C. always comments "Mental
note: Never build over abandoned race track." In that
context, does anyone have any experience with anything
I should be looking out for in terms of contamination,
EPA issues, etc. when purchasing something like this?
I intend to hire inspector(s) if we get that far, but
do I need any legal types? In Illinois, I've never
seen a lawyer at a closing like there always was in
NY. This is my first commercial real estate exposure.
My wife is totally for this so I gotta strike now (she
has delusions of partitioning off a section for her
hobbies).

Any advice welcomed -

Ron