[Spridgets] Oil pump again

Jack Laird jlaird237 at cox.net
Tue Sep 18 21:53:45 MDT 2007

Now to pull the engine, guess that will start Fri. need to replace oil pump,
and clean up tranny second gear, think the indent on the shifting rod at the
netural position side has a burr. No clue as to how I am going to get one of
those oil pumps in. It did not want to fit under the cover when I tried last,
I guess I need to see or figure what is holding it out and do a bit of cutting
or shaveing on the pump case. Who would have thought. Anyone else had this
problem?

This bothers me, has anyone else had to do this to get a pump to fit on a 948.
How do I determine what is holding it out? Suggestions on how to figure it?