[Spridgets] junkyard 1275, Subaru throttle body

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Mon Sep 17 08:33:47 MDT 2007

I was cruising the Pick-and-pull yesterday and found a late model Midget
w/1275(smog pump/triple wiper year).

Front discs, and diff already gone, 1275(minus carbs) and ribcase still
there.......anybody desperate?
The Ausitn Marina (1275 transverse) is still there as well.

I also found that the HItachi throttle body from a 1.8L Subare is the PERFECT
throttle body for the turbo-Sprite project.  40mm bore, single central mounted
injector, TPS, Idle air valve and built in fuel pressure regulator.  I dumped
the 1.9L Ford and will use this one since I won't have to fab up an injector
filled manifold from scratch.  Also, the 1.8 L Subaru made almost the exact
target amount of HP, thus the bore/injector size will be well matched without
too much twiddling.  Got water temp sensor, need air temp sensor and fuel
pump, otherwise ready to move on the the breadboard phase.

Glen