[Spridgets] Brake Proportioning Valve Connections

M haynes386 at netzero.net
Fri Sep 14 09:19:32 MDT 2007

Oh most learned ones,
 I've been upgrading the brakes on my '62 to include not only the front discs,
but the dual line master cylinder form the '67 on Sprites. I've got the
proportioning valve and the lines, but am unsure as to which line goes where
on the master, and which go to the front brakes. There are 5 ports, two of
which are larger in thread size than the rest- these two go to the master. The
question comes from these two ports being opposed (across the piston) to one
another. Does the proportioning valve work side to side (rather than end to
end)? That makes no sense to me. Can anyone solve my dilemma?

Mark Haynes
'62 AN6L17792-without brakes!!!