[Spridgets] EFI 1275

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:00:27 MDT 2007

Well, I, for one, am sure as hell looking forward to seeing the fruits
of your labor at Lake of the Ozarks!!  Is it drool proof?   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City

On 9/13/07, Glen Byrns <grbyrns at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> The first week of the EFI Sprite project went well.  I ordered and received
> the kit for the controller and test circuit.  The kits are very complete and
> went together over the last three evenings.  The controller works great.  I
> found and revived a laptop PC to use as a diagnostic data logger in the
> passenger seat.  I loaded up the tuning software and got the computer and EFI
> controller to talk to each other.  I scavenged a throttle body and got the
> cable assembled that will go from the controller to all the injectors and
> sersors.
>
> This weekend I will try to select a fuel pump and regulator (~20-40 LBS should
> do it for TBI) and pick out a pair of injectors(44lb/hr) and the other
> temperature sensors.  If things keep flowing along this well, I may be ready
> to breadboard the whole rig in a week or two.  Then the real work will be to
> design and fabricate a short tube between the throttle body and turbo that
> will hold the two injectors aimed down the throat of the turbocharger.  I
> think this will be the most crucial thing to get right.  If I can get good
> atomization in a "wet" manifold, the siamese ports won't be an issue.  My hope
> is that the spinning vanes of the turbo will guarantee good atomization.
>
> One problem is that Bugsy is running great right now and it makes me wonder
> why I bother.  The simple answer is "Its FUN!!"
>
> Glen Byrns

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.
-Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)