[Spridgets] unicycle story (slight LBC content)

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 13 08:48:11 MDT 2007

I was driving home from work yesterday in the bugeye (LBC content requirement)
and spotted a rider ahead of me on a unicycle.  I slowed down to offer my
congratulations and headed home.  The rider was a young lady that had been on
a soccer team I coached 15 years ago.  She has just completed a ride across
the United States on a unicycle!  Riding to benefit Lymphoma research, she
pedaled the entire way barefooted because she preferred the feel of the
pedals.  I've done many long rides on my bike, including dozens of century and
15 double century rides, but crossing the US (Rocky mountains!) on a unicycle
is insane.

She kept a log for those interested in such bizarre undertakings:
http://www.onewheelforlife.blogspot.com/

Glen