[Spridgets] (no subject)

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 05:42:21 MDT 2007

--- Jim Johnson <bmwwxman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found the whole thing filled with great
> exageration and personal
> agendas on the part of the author.

I think you missed a lot of the humor in the whole
thing. Google the author "Dan Neil" and see what you
get. He loves, restores and owns LBCs, Alfas, an many
of our favs. He finds SUVs useful for, well, google
him some more. He got fired for writing about what he
likes about SUVs. He calls the Corvair one of the 50
worst, but in the article describes how much his
family loved the one they had. He's got a great
ability to combine the objective and subjective into
self deprecating criticisms and I, millions of his
readers, and the Pulitzer people find it entertaining.

Another book you probably won't like if Ken Purdy's
"Kings of the Road". It was written well before I was
born, but details how the American car companies
didn't get the whole concept of light, nimble,
efficient fun sporty cars, and he put words like
Bugatti, Ferrari, Porsche, MG into a lot of
impressionable minds.

Ron