[Spridgets] 50 worst cars

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 10 23:04:05 MDT 2007

we will still be enjoying our cars long after his prius has become razor blades.
  which is truly the more environmentally friendly car? the one that lasts.
  Andy

  you guys should check  out the Leyland P-76... which became known as the P-38....half the car it was meant to be.. A harsh call in my opinion.. it was about a decade ahead of it's time.

Robert Bruce Evans <b-evans at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Ron Soave wrote: "I thought it was absolutely brilliant satire."

"The Model T...conferred to Americans the notion of automobility as something akin to natural law, a right endowed by our Creator. A century later, the consequences of putting every living soul on gas-powered wheels are piling up, from the air over our cities to the sand under our soldiers' boots. And by the way, with its blacksmithed body panels and crude instruments, the Model T was a piece of junk, the Yugo of its day."

That ain't satire. That is arrogant prattle. Satire does not use witty sarcasm to discredit and ridicule progress, but rather to establish contempt for what the *writer* believes to be absurd or inane.

Buster
a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au

Edit your replies

http://www.team.net/archive