[Spridgets] EFI project

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Mon Sep 10 10:55:04 MDT 2007

Saturday was productive at the pick-n-pull.  I checked about a jillion
American cars and settled on a Ford Escort throttle body with attached
throttle position sensor and idle air valve.  No built in injectors, but I'll
mount those into the runner between the TB and the turbo.  The Megasquirt kit
should arrive today or tomorrow, and the workbench is cleaned off, soldering
station set up ready to go.

The throttle body has a bore of only 38mm, but after sequentially fitting a
1.25, 1.5 and 1.75 SU to the turbo over the years, I have felt that with each
increase in bore size I was losing low-end torque.  Possibly the turbo upsets
the usual logic of carb size choice.  Regardless, the first iteration will be
based on a 38mm bore.

Glen