[Spridgets] The MG Valdez may be fixed!

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 12:33:28 MDT 2007

Ummm....    I have a confession to make....

Bob's suggestion below sounded like such a great idea that I tried it.
 I didn't remove the valve cover, just tried to bend the little prongs
a bit.  Of course, one of them snapped off and fell back down inside
the oil filler into the valve and rocker assembly.

Lovely!  I can just picture that thing plugging up an oil gallery
somewhere. I took off the valve cover (which I should have done to
start with) and fished around through the valvesprings, push rods and
rockers with a magnet to no avail.

It looks as if I will now have to pull the head and clean it out
carefully to be sure the damned thing is out of there.

Anyone have any suggestos or tricks of the trade for me?  I've not had
the head off of a Spridget 1275 before. I assume I'll need top end
gaskets at minimum.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City