[Spridgets] Crankshaft Spigot bearing removal

Daniel1312 at aol.com Daniel1312 at aol.com
Wed Sep 5 15:05:08 MDT 2007

Hi List,

I've discovered that my engine has had a new spigot bearing fitted to it.
Unfortunately I need to remove it as my car runs a Ford based 5 speed conversion
which uses a spigot adaptor.

I recall the recommended technique is to fill the end of the crank with
grease and hydraulic the spigot out by the use a drift or old gearbox input shaft.
I don''t have an old gearbox or input shaft to use let alone measure any more
than I have a drift of the right size.  I don't mind buying a drift of the
right size but need to know the size.

So, anyone have the size?

Thanks

Daniel1312