[Spridgets] 123 Ignition Problems

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Mon Sep 3 12:58:05 MDT 2007

> Anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

David,
I am somewhat impressed that you noticed this. Seriously, what was the
symptom that made you check the rotor? Did it quit and you opened it up to
find melted rotor?

Meanwhile, the only two things that should be causing the rotor to heat up
are friction and current, right? Friction would be wearing other things out,
too, so probably not that. Current is actually fairly low through these
(Voltage is high, but amperage (currrent) is fairly low), so ... I think the
first thing to do would be to bypass the Crane unit and/or wire in a
"normal" coil. You DO have a good ground to the engine, right?
David Lieb