[Spridgets] Help with Datsun 5 speed check

Paul Asgeirsson PAsgeirsson at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 27 19:51:15 MDT 2007

Sounds like some rust might be involved.  If you have an old Datsun clutch
disc and the Datsun driveshaft, I wouldn't hesitate to do some pretty strong
reefing on either end.

You could also take off the rear housing to see if any water has been in
there and frozen it, but if you don't get it into neutral, it's really hard
to get off the rear case.

On the other hand, why was this originally taken out of the car?  Might have
been done because it was a toasted gearbox.  Just like the reason for nearly
all ribcases coming out of the car.  None of these are self repairing!!

Paul A