[Spridgets] Whoa, Timothy!

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Oct 25 19:18:44 MDT 2007

> Alas, I fear every paint company's formula for a generic name, whether Old
> English White, Blood Red, or Royal Windsor Blue is different.  Maybe just
> slightly, but different.

Wow, you didn't mention "British Racing Green"! I am so proud of you...
On the other hand, have you ever looked at a can of GM paint? My
brother once bought a brand-new 1972 Pontiac Lemans. It was white.
When he needed some paint for it, he went to all the trouble of getting
the "correct" paint. He showed me the can... depending on which model
of GM vehicle you had, that self-same can contained Polar White, Ice
White, Arctic White, and Snow White. Likewise, the 1968 Delta 88
(with Rocket 455) that my Dad crunched and had to fix was an awful
light metallic green. The can contained Willow Green, Leaf Green, and
at least two other names for a color that you and I would have simply
called "unsellable green".
David Lieb