[Spridgets] Gen re-build

David Woerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Wed Oct 24 23:46:26 MDT 2007

BCAH at aol.com wrote:
> I ordered the bearing and bushing etc to rebuild my gererator.AS I  recall,
> the plate that secured the ball bearing in place was held in place  by
> rivets.Is there room in there for  small machine screws, or will I have  to try to
> rivet it in?  Bob C

I just finished rebuilding 2 generators. Purchased some 3/4" long, 3/16"
diameter solid rivets from the local Ace Hardware and they work fine (no
parts to vibrate off; of course one could stake the bolts to prevent the
nut from backing off; there's a joke there somewhere). STEEL Cherry-Max
or pop rivets work too if you can find the correct length.

Dave
59 :{)
05 MCS
Burlington WI