[Spridgets] The SoCal Fires

David Ambrose stargazer1 at cox.net
Wed Oct 24 14:44:25 MDT 2007

Paul Asgeirsson wrote:

>Don't get too excited!!  The state will split at Daly City in it's drift
>northwards, taking Baja with it and that means SF gets new southern
>neighbors along the way!!!!

Don't tell the talking heads on the news. They'll start ranting about
this new strategy for illegal immigration. :-)

I'm in Poway, northeast of San Diego. Yes, this would be the wrong
direction. We got to move back to our house last night. No fire damage,
some downed trees and wind damage. There are thousands who weren't as lucky.

We're doing well this time because we had a dress rehearsal 4 years ago
and people around here care enough to do something. Businesses have been
volunteering food and services, and people have been bringing supplies.
We have a reputation for being laid back, but we understand that any
government can get overwhelmed. When that happens, you give tools and
information to the people, we'll take care of the rest.

Managed to burn 900 square miles in the last fire. We're already up to
600 square miles for this one.

Roasting away in the mid-90's.

Best to all,
Dave Ambrose