[Spridgets] Turbo EFI comes alive !!

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Sun Oct 21 21:23:48 MDT 2007

It was breadboarded, with the fuel coming out of a gallon can into a pump
sitting on the garage floor, but it ran!
I finished the manifold this afternoon and finally dealed tha last leak
in the fuel rail.  I still haven't plumbed the new pump/filter/return
line into the car, so I did it up like a heart bypass patient with lines
snaking in and out.
I fired up the engine and it went right up to about 3K RPM due to the
Ford idle air valve.  Too big a "leak" for this motor and will need to be
modified or pulled the heck off.  The computer was going through warmup
enrichment mode and sounding real smooth when the fuel pump sucked up a
big bubble from the mower can and quit.  I was shaking!!

There's lots of tuning to do, things to tweak, tables to calculate and
test runs to be made after I get all the fuel plumbing done over the next
few evenings.

Here's the links to the pics of the new toy:
http://tinyurl.com/2pvnfh
http://tinyurl.com/2utxg4

Best,
Glen Byrns