[Spridgets] strange problem expert needed

Bob Spruck mgmaven at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 18 18:51:13 MDT 2007

While vintage racing at Daytona a few years ago, a buddy broke an axle. It
was bent and shattered at the splined end in the diff. Couldn't get it out
from the flanged end. We pulled the other axle and inserted a long 1" dia
piece of pipe that was in contact with the opposite (broken) spline and
pounded like hell while turning the broken axle. It eventually pushed the
broken axle out.