[Spridgets] Gas pedal bolt hole location

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 17:49:55 MDT 2007

I just received the new floor pans for my 67.
I know from previous floor replacements that the pans do not come with
the gas pedal nuts or ground strap nut welded in place.
So I am welding them in place before the pans go in the car.
Ground strap was no problem, I even saved that piece of old floor.
I saved the old gas pedal floor part too and the numbers just do not jive.
I am allowing for the 3" toe kick up front.
My original pedal nuts were 1.75" and 2.25" back from the toe kick
or 4.75 and 5.25 from the front edge of the floor pan. The angle toe
kick is 3" from the leading edge of the floor.
Also I have 13.5 and 14.25" from the inner sill to the welded nuts.
If I use these original measurements, the gas pedal on the new floor
will be in the middle of the curve of the depression.
And THAT AIN"T RIGHT! I remember making a bracket on Busters car because
he had no nuts.
On the 58 I put in a 1500 hanging gas pedal so I never bothered with
floor mounted gas pedal nuts on that car.
My 59 has a sheet of asbestos (type material) under the floor, it also
has a 1500 gas pedal and I may have patched the floor on that car too.
Either way, I do not have a Spridget to check measurements and I do not
want to weld nuts in on the curve of the floor pan.
Wrong floor? My bad on the numbers? Or do I install a 1500 gas pedal on
my soon to be dead nuts original 67 Sprite? I already have the NOS, BMC
gas pedal (floor mount).
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ