[Spridgets] This is pretty graphic, but important to see.

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 14 16:13:44 MDT 2007

WFO Herb wrote:  "Not everyone who gets hit with a car dies. This picture
was taken 4 years after the accident and the doctors are still working on
Jacqueline, whose
body was covered with 60% severe burns.  Let's make as many people as we
can aware of the consequences of drinking & driving."

Most people do not know why I have at times lost the control of my anger
when it comes to alcohol and driving.  Those who know me well enough
understand it dates to the days when I was a cop in one of the busiest
traffic areas of Southern California.  My friends, I encountered first hand
and was drenched with the blood of too many like Jacqueline Saburido;  too
many whose lives were forever changed, if not ended.  Those responsible
were not only teenage boys trying to prove their manhood by boozing it up
under the bleachers, then driving off.  They were also the middle-aged
women who had stopped at a bar with their girlfriends after work, and the
elderly gentleman who had been sneaking swigs from his brown-bagged cloaked
bottle down at the spit and lie club with his old friends.

I would hope that no one would have to go through what I did in order to
learn the lessons I did.  So, please, DON'T try to mix booze and driving.
DO demand that legislators place a higher cost on those who would, and DO
demand that the judges in your area punish those who drink and drive to
FULL extent of the law, and not just take away their library cards!

Buste