[Spridgets] One step forward & two steps back

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Sun Oct 7 19:32:52 MDT 2007

After some serious procrastinating I finally got around to installing
the new speed bleeders and finally got the brakes bled properly. Since
that went so smoothly I figured I'd drained the diff and put in fresh
oil. When I was laying down there wrapping things up on the diff I
noticed a damp spot on the bottom of the gas tank. I thought that was
odd and wiped the spot with a rag. As soon as I did that two two pinhole
leaks sprang up on the bottom of the gas tank. I wasn't expecting that one.

I got a container to catch the gas and siphoned what I could out of the
tank. Is there any fix for this other than a new gas tank? I'm figuring
that there isn't but it never hurts to ask. I have a non-leaking (for
the moment) gas tank on my parts car but that tank is older than this
one so it's probably a false economy to try to move that one over.

Has anyone replaced a gas tank lately? It looks pretty straight forward
but if there are any unexpected gotchas I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks in advance,

Robert