[Spridgets] What's wrong with this picture?

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 7 18:33:32 MDT 2007

Hint, read what it is they are trying to sell you, then click details button and read the fine print.  http://tinyurl.com/35fnjx

Now, doggone, but down here in Bald Knob, we just don't understand all that fancy California doubletalk and words.  Words like "REBUILT" and "guarenteed" and  "pre-owned".  And sayin' their "not inspected".

You see, down here, if we are gonna barter for something has been "rebuilt", why it's just gotta be "pre-owned".  Unless it fell from God in Heaven above.  I guess that's something like what we call "used".  Probably lawyer-talk.

And I guess we are still trying to figure out about it being "not inspected".  What's puzzling us is how can some fool can rebuild a transmission and "not inspect" the dang thing.  Is this some job they train for at the blind school?

Finally, I guess we are just too far out in the Piney woods to have caught up with some of those California legal words.  Like "guarenteed".  You see, we still spell "guaranteed".  Like we have always done since the olden days.

Well, dang nab it, I guess what the city slicker is trying to say that he wants to sell me a used gearbox that he guarantees hasn't been looked at by nobody, and just probably is a piece of junk we can use as a anchor we go juggin' for catfish or giggin' us some frogs at giggin' frogs at night.  Unless, of course, he can talk us into buying all the parts to rebuilt it ourselves.

With whom does this overweening, supercilious dolt presume he is negotiating to acquire his offal and dross?

Silas P. Gumbody
Bumpkin-in-Chief
Bald Knob, Arkasas