[Spridgets] Frank's 67

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Oct 7 18:17:29 MDT 2007

It's home and mostly stripped out.
It is surprisingly straight and rust free except for the floor pans.
New ones will be coming very soon and that's about it for welding.
Very little body work is needed on this one so it should be painted in a
couple weeks.
My only disappointment is that the car came with 2 1098s.
No 1275. So if anybody wants a 1098, come get it. 1 is a 10cc the other
a 10cg. The 10cg turns over and is out of the car, the one in the car
does not move (yet).
I also have a few too many dashboards for 65-67 Spridgets if anybody
needs one.
I took a grinder to a couple of rust spots to find the few small holes
were fixed with brazing, the rust was really just a bondo bubble at the
two metals. The whole car was sanded down to bare metal and primed some
time back so it's going to be a piece of cake to get it down to bare
metal so I can do the right thing on the bad spots.
(Taco Bell wrappers :)
This one will NOT go concours, it has been hit in the rear but
professionally repaired and there is a minor issue up front on one of
the frame rails. I will not attempt to refix the rear crash because I
don't think I can do better than what was done, I will clean it up a
touch on the inside of the trunk but it will never be perfect.
I was lucky to not have heeps of coon crap but there is spider shit on
the car and I found the skeleton in the closet, a dead mouse and his
condo in the heater system. He left his deposits under the pedal box.
All in all, I think I did OK.
I only need to know one thing.....
Why do POs insist on taking a pair of dykes to things like oil pressure
tubes, temp gauge lines, and wire harnesses?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ