[Spridgets] Air Compressor Fittings

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 19:51:26 MDT 2007

David Lieb wrote:

> Hmm, you are all saying PVC, but GRM emphasizes NOT to use PVC

Have you priced copper lately? Ball valves in brass?
What cost me a hundred bucks 10 years ago in plastic will cost you over
1000 bucks today.
Besides, are GRM plumbers? My plumber convinced me to use PVC, just use
the right stuff, not CPVC and not the home defect cheap stuff. Be sure
it is schedule 40 PVC or ABS and is rated for 600 psi.
Sure if it runs over the roof outside and in Florida or so Cal, I would
worry about it becoming brittle but in the garage out of direct
sunlight, PVC works for me.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ