[Spridgets] Frogeye/Bugeye values

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 30 11:41:51 MST 2007

The September issue of the English magazine "Classic Cars" carried a brief article on the rising value of the Frogeye/Bugeye.  The article quotes Gary Lazarus of the British Midget and Sprite Club in part:

.     "You can get a basket case restoration for about two grand ($4,115), but a good car will cost you about #10,000 ($20,578).

.     "If any cars have risen dramatically in value, it is the absolutely pristine original examples---one sold recently in the States for $35,000 (#17,500), but driver-friendly modifications such as disc brakes and five-speed gearboxes keep values lower in the eyes of collectors.  That seems like a good thing---the Sprog-eyed Fright is set to continue as a good-value affordable Fifties sportster---and that's a very rare thing."

I wonder where the $35,000 was spent, and what people here believe Frogeye/Bugeyes are really worth these days.  (I really can't see Frank paying $4K for a basket case.)

Buster Evans