[Spridgets] carb throttle shaft

David Woerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Fri Nov 30 09:55:43 MST 2007

vern at srvinet.com wrote:
> In cleaning up my carburetors I see that the rear has
> a little slop in the throttle shaft.  The suppliers show
> oversize shafts.  Can anyone tell me what size hole
> the bigger shaft takes and is it safe to use a twist drill
> or should I look for a reamer.  Probably need a set anyway, but
> need all my available cash for parts,  Priorities, priorities.
> Vern

Vern,  I send my Bugeye stuff to:
Jim Taylor
1222 Harned Dr.
Bartlesville OK 74006
ph: 918.333.3444

It's been 4 years but I sent my carb bodies and Jim rebushed (for the
reason Peter gave) them, and installed the hardware new stock size
shafts for $50.  Until the process of rebushing, one went to oversize
shafts and then threw the carb away when they new shafts wore.

Because folks told me I couldn't do it, I toyed with the idea of
rebushing my H1 and H4 carbs, for fun, until I realized the problem of
shaping the bush to match the curve of the side of the intake throat or
getting a reamer that would give me a flat cut and not bore all the way
through.  I was too cheap to buy the proper reamer(s).  I like Jim a lot
and have never had any problems and he's fun to talk to.

Joe Curto Inc.
22-09 126th St.
College Point NY 11356
ph: 718.762.7878

Call Joe and hang on to your hat.  If he's got the time he's got a ton
of knowledge and you can learn a lot.  I really must stop out there
sometime.  He does an excellent job as well.

Dave
59 :{)
05 MCS
Burlington WI