[Spridgets] Emergency brake on 1/2 elliptic cars

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 19:03:47 MST 2007

Hal Faulkner wrote:
> Spridgeteers,
>
> Can anyone tell me if the emergency brake thingy that attaches to the rear
> axle housing is the same on later cars as it is on early ones?  Or was it
> attached to the axle housing differently?

Bugeyes up to 74 are the same. 1500s are different.
But the holes in the Bugeye pivot might be larger than disc brake cars
because the rods changed size (got smaller) with the later baking plates
(disc brake cars) but it's just a drill and larger clevis pin.
1/4 vs 5/16.
I know I used a later one on my 58 because the 58 was swept away with
the rest of the rust. Maybe the holes are the same too. I forget my name
these days ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ