[Spridgets] A real Spridget question

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:52:57 MST 2007

Frank,

Not sure how much help I can be. On my car (68 - I think?) the car was
originally Old English White per interior areas and the side pieces
either side of the radiator are also OEW while the rest of the metal
(radiator shroud...etc) is black. Looking at pictures in my books
where you can see through the grill it looks like all of them also use
the body color on these panels.

But what do I know....?    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim

On Nov 21, 2007 7:46 PM, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:
> Does anybody know if the splash pans, those funny bent side pieces next
> to the radiator on a Sq body are painted body color both sides, black
> both sides, or black on the front (grille) side and body color on the
> engine side?
> What I have is either rusted, spray bombed black, repainted lime green,
> or orange.
> I seem to recall the little ears that stick up past the front apron
> above the bonnet latch as being black. But I have done too many bugeyes
> lately and I just don't know what is correct.
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City
Don't miss "50 Years of Spridgets" at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!
For info and registration... <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>