[Spridgets] Be careful how you vote... No LBC Content...

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Tue Nov 20 19:08:56 MST 2007

I find it a little ironic that something as callous, crass and pointless
as this is being circulated at a time of year when we traditionally take
time out to be thankful for the many *blessings* we have.

It's really too bad that Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity and Coulter and
their like have brought the discourse so low in this country.

I guess that the author of this little ditty has never heard of poor
elderly people who have worked their whole lives who have to choose
between medications they need and food. Of course not, poverty is a
simple equation to the Fox News crew and the ditto heads, just like the
little parable that was posted to this list.

I was brought up to believe that when I see someone less fortunate that
it is by the grace of God that I am not in their shoes. Jesus spoke
constantly about helping the poor. I don't think he would have portrayed
them as people who partied and danced the summer away.

You may not agree with some of the programs that the government has
tried to help the less fortunate. You may not feel that it is the
governments job to help the less fortunate. Well I don't believe that it
is the governments job to preemptively attack a sovern nation that posed
no threat to us so we're even there. I'd rather be spending trillions on
helping people in this country than to have it spent on G.W. Bush's war
in Iraq.

Would you like me to post some liberal chain emails to this list? Of
course not, so perhaps everyone should try to show a little respect for
those on the list who don't share their political views by keeping this
stuff on the list that Ed set up for this stuff. There's been way too
much of this on the list lately.

It's funny but my 5 year old just came in to show me a Thanksgiving
place mat that he made earlier. He wrote on it: "I'm thankful for not
being poor". Good timing kid.

Robert