[Spridgets] Mini Cooper S price question

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Mon Nov 12 19:48:13 MST 2007

I'd been toying with the idea of getting a Miata for a while, checking
out the used car ads and stuff, thinking maybe if the right one came
along and if the finances were right maybe we'd get one. Then last
Saturday  the guys in the B-Stingers <http://www.b-stingers.com/> were
having a fundraiser where they'd waxoyl your car and I had signed up to
have my Midget done. The fundraiser took place at the local LBC shop and
while I was there I saw this car for sale that I haven't been able to
get out of my mind since:

http://flickr.com/photos/white-weeks/1993400714/

To make matters worse my wife told me that this 1964 MGB cost less than
what we pay in daycare for one year. I've seen the car before, it's been
for sale for a while but something about it really got to me this time.
Maybe it was putting that daycare price tag on it.

Anyway, it totally got me off of thinking about Miatas. Now I just walk
around thinking about this 64 MGB instead and enjoying the Midget.

Midget's running great, needs some new wire wheels though. Getting the
car Waxoyl'd by some folks who knew what they were doing was great. It
was a really good weekend for the Midget all around. The weather was
great and I lost count of how many people stopped me to talk about the
car. One guy in a pickup truck followed me into a parking lot to talk
about it. He said had seen it at the Farmer's Market the week before and
didn't know who the owner was. When he saw it again he said he just had
to stop and say hi. That was down-right neighborly of him ;-)

Robert