[Spridgets] oil cooler mounting

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Sat Nov 10 09:11:05 MST 2007

John Deikas (one and the same object of
CUAD fame) mounts his oil cooler vertically
as well on the RH rad vert. suport in the airflow of the port normally feeding
heater ducting (race car...no heater).

I've got mine mounted in front of the lower
rad in grille airflow much the same way as
the silver racing Spridget which appears:
www.speedwellengineering.com

While you can get away without an oil cooler in normal around town driving, I'd
certainly opt for one to extend engine service life in the case fast touring or highway use for sure.

The further use of an alum rad (with electric puller/pusher and removal of mech fan for a few more HP) is a no-brainer for superior heat-shedding.

I normally have to block 1/2 of mine off in
the winter just to get the thermostat to open. :)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)