[Spridgets] Rusty RIP

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:06:05 MST 2007

Odd that you say that, as I just tossed a new mini maglight for the same
problem. I knew it was a lost cause, so I learned a little more about the
mag lights than I knew.
This is for the mini maglight, that uses the AA batteries
Remove the tail piece on the light, so you can see the battery. Take the
bulb cover/housing off. Remove the bulb. The black plastic bit, that is
spring loaded, is a snap in bit. Pop that out, and you can see the connector
that sits right above the batteries. Now, take a suitable drift, and with
your light held lightly in your vise, tap the connector bit, and the
batteries should pop out the bottom. Mine were so badly corroded, that I
actually sunk the drift INTO the battery, before the first one came out.
When the first one did emerge, it was "the coppertop". I was surprised, as
my wife usually get Energizers. I will have a talk with my purchasing
counterpart a work, as they buy Duracell in the 16 packs, for all our
battery needs at Brandom.

Brad

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad