[Spridgets] Puzzler update - the plot thickens (or sickens)

James E. Pickard geowiz.sgy at cox.net
Tue Nov 6 20:35:24 MST 2007

I forgot one more change I've made to the car since the time everything was
working - I changed the rubber housing around the right front running
light/turn signal.  So I disconnected one of the wires (besides the ground)
going to the lamp, and low and behold, things are working again!  The turn
signal works (although it seems a little dim), and the running lights work.
One obvious problem (besides the fact that I have a dangling wire) - the same
filament lights for both functions.  If I hook up the other wire, the turn
signal works but a short develops when the running lights are on.  I can't
figure out how I have it miss-wired to close the circuit for both functions
with a single wire!  Any suggestions out there from the electrical gurus?
Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)