[Spridgets] Detroit Iron

Timothy H. Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Mon Nov 5 07:59:04 MST 2007

My neighbor has a '66 Impala with a big (truck?) engine. His problem
is that the engine torque is large enough and the motor mounts are
weak enough to tear the motor free from the mounts. This screws up
linkages which can then cause "unintended acceleration." I guess
that's exciting. For all the power, he can't drive it anywhere near
its potential. With a Spridget you can "drive it like you stole it"
and nobody notices - and you can have alot of fun while "flooring
it." So what's the fun of gobs of torque breaking your car if you
even dare to use it?

File this thought under; "He who laughs first . . ."
Ed and the Captain are now on the dole collecting Social Security
checks each month. For those of you who are still working, just think
about it this way. That new set of race tires you want, but can't
afford this month . . . the money for your tires went to Ed and the Captain!!!

Tim Collins
1966 AH Sprite