[Spridgets] Not LBC ....lawn mower question

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 10:13:29 MDT 2007

List,
I'm trying to trouble shoot my mower problem, I have a Briggs & Stratton 4hp
mower that is not idling properly, sort of hi-low idle sound. I replaced the
spark plug and air filter and keep thinking I should take out the carburetor
& clean it. I went online and got a message from a guy saying it sounded
like the governor spring was stretched out. I'll take it apart today and try
and get a new spring. Now what does the governor do and look like and can I
twist the spring to test out the shorter length?
Linda

62 California Sprite "Pinky"
www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner