[Spridgets] Ipod stereo for bugsy

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:29:36 MDT 2007

Glen,

Tow a trailer with a JBL Rock Concert Power Supply, Amp & Pre-Amp
system with 6 - 300lb Speaker stacks pushing 1200 Watts. You'll need a
big enough trailer for this system plus the 240V - 30A generator.
Point the speakers forward toward the BE and the force of the sound
will push you up hills.   ;-)

Seriously - Just get a good set of head phones and plug them into your
Ipod. You get great sound, no wind noise, you don't draw on the car's
generator, and the BE remains more original. Touring motorcyclists do
this all the time with great success. You don't have to push the Ipod
signal through a Stereo - just use it straight out of the Ipod into
the headphones.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City

On 6/25/07, Glen Byrns <grbyrns at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a thoroughly modern, Ipod compatible
> head unit?  I'm planning to install a stereo in Bugsy for the first time and
> want to have my Ipod so I don't run out of tunes on the way to Lake of the
> Ozarks.  I should thing that 200W is a minimum and 4 speakers,  2 in the boot
> divider, and two in a homemade angled speaker holder in place of the usual
> radio console is the plan for now.
>
> Thanks,
> Glen Byrns

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.
-Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)