[Spridgets] Tigers

James Pickard geowiz.sgy at cox.net
Mon Jun 25 05:30:11 MDT 2007

They only made 4085 Tigers before Chrysler shut production down when they
bought the manufacturer (Rootes Group) and found their 273 wouldn't fit.
Mine is number 3001 out of the run.  Only the 1967 run had 289's, the rest
260's.  But many (mine included) now sport Mk II spec 289's and wide ratio
transmissions.  Since the 221, 260, 289, and 302 blocks are all the same
size externally, there are a whole lot of 302 running around as well.  You
can buy a brand new crate 302 motor from Ford with something like 350 hp for
only a few grand if you really want to terrorize the passenger seat
occupant.  With that set-up, it really is a poor man's Cobra.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)
2003 Mini Cooper