[Spridgets] Miata owners mecca

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:09:49 MDT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?"
-Rodney King

Thanks for the lap times.  Food for thought.  Is that Miata Spec, stock, or
prepped?
>From what I read and videos I see, Miatas do a lot of bumping during races.
They also seem to be able to take a lot of abuse and contact and keep
racing.

One Mustang owner was trashing a guy's Miata on another forum.
The reply was: "How many g's does your Mustang pull on the corners?  ST_U"

Plus, I think those cheatin dogs get 120-150 HP from those Spridget motors,
depending on prep.  100 HP per liter ain't bad.  Of course, there are folks
getting 300-400 HP from 1.8 Miatas.

The Miata is in a lot of ways what the Spridget was back in the day,
economical sports car that lends itself easily to racing.  They are good
cars and there is definitely the British roadster feel built into them. That
is why some listers own both Miatas and Spridgets.
Cheers,
Derf