[Spridgets] Another computer question - NO LBC

type79 at ix.netcom.com type79 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 19 20:47:29 MDT 2007

Guys,

The simple truth is that by-and-large, there is no such thing as service anymore, nor accountability. The consumer is wrong unless proven otherwise. The employee is always right. They can treat the consumer however they choose with little or no consequence. This is the age of minimal profit per transaction and an environment in which the buyer and seller seldom meet face-to-face.

We are all to blame as we all search for the best deal. We will deal with anyone for a 1% difference in price. We will deal with companies with employees we will never meet or in many cases never speak to more than once.

In many cases, the larger the company the worse the service.

So the next time you'll buy from another large computer vendor and if you scratch the surface, you will find similar accounts of poor service.

Have a bad experience with a cellular phone company? Why switch, they're all the same.

Phone service? We have to talk to a part-time person who reads screen text to us whether it applies to the problem or not.

Insurance? Want to save money? Call one of the direct companies or the one with the funny ads. You might get shorted on the coverage, but you'll save money. Not to worry, you'll never talk to the same $10.00 an hour employee again.

I recently purchased tires for my MINI from the largest tire retailer in CT. They scratched the wheels. I go into the store and the first reaction/response from the manager was that it couldn't be/couldn't have happened there/there mechanic couldn't have done that. (Loooooong story, but their corporate office finally replaced the wheels.)

Disgusting but that's the way it is and that's the way it's going to remain.

Thank you Ralph Nader. You made the world a better place.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/