[Spridgets] Sussex, WI show

Chris Manuel cmanuel at wi.rr.com
Sun Jun 17 19:57:06 MDT 2007

Oh gawd, this was fun today.  It was humid and in the upper 80's/90's in the
field, but lots of fun.

I've been to many car shows in the past, but this one had more of a purpose
since I have one now.

My motive pretty much was to find something close to my MK3 to see what it
looks like in running condition.  Not much to look at, but one bug eye and
one MK2. Many big Healey's.  Holy cow, that bug eye is a b*tch to look at
the engine.  I understand why the front tilt conversion is so coveted.

We all have our mental blocks, and I think mine are carbs.  I admit, I even
messed up a Rochester 4 bbl on my Chevy 265 20 years ago, as well as my snow
blower actually last fall.  I had to ask where they did their carb work on
the SU's, since mine has not seen any gas in 20 years.

The Austin side of the hill went into great detail of floats and 3/16
clearance, the Triumph side of the hill said, heck, just fill it up and see
what it does.

The MG people were almost non existent.  I swear they parked their cars and
left.

I will plant my car there next year.
I will also take off in advance to make Blackhawk

Chris