[Spridgets] Trouble Shooting Tail Lights

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Sat Jun 16 05:39:18 MDT 2007

Hey Guys,

I have sorted through most of the lighting issues on my '79 and have
the following problems left:

No brake lights

and

The rear right lights - marker, tail, brake do not work though the
right hand turn signal does work.

So before I tear into the brake switch and taking apart the harness
in that quarter is there something simple I can check - I will be
running a new ground wire for testing later this morning - anything
else I can check? The bulbs are good.

Could these be related issues?

The brake switch seems to be shorted - it has zero ohms resistance
when the brake is not pressed - should it be open or closed normally?

Thanks,
-m