[Spridgets] Help - lots of long LBC

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Mon Jun 11 19:15:02 MDT 2007

> At TDC on #1, the drive gear will be upside down. The
> ignition timing will be spot-on, the cam timing (as
> we've bludgeoned here) will be spot on, but I know
> that if I really want to get irritated, I can pull the
> distributor and see the drive gear upside down at TDC.
> Conversely, if I pull the timing cover, instead of the
> dots being 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock, they will be at 12
> o'clock to 12 o'clock, or something like that.

Ron,
As I said in a previous email, all you have to do is to
remove the points plate, disconnect the advance springs,
lift out the points cam shaft, rotate it 180*, reinsert it,
re-assemble and you can have everything "according
to the book". If you pick up half a dozen non-virgin
distributors and check, half of them will be 180-out
compared to the other half. Sorta like looking at MGB
front turn signals at a car show ;-)