[Spridgets] Non LBC, Green(sorta) VW content, Hit delete all who enter here.

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:14:30 MDT 2007

My dad is commuting to work in a VW bug he just finished modding.  He
put a Kubota diesel motor from a reefer trailer cooler in it.  He is
running half diesel and have used veggie oil.   He's getting about 46
MPG.  The veggie oil is free.  I don't know what the 0-60 times are
but getting 46 with half the fuel for free is not too bad.

His next project will be making an electric VW bug from forklift parts
he got for free.  I've seen an electric Midget somewhere on the web
but I wonder how they don't break axles constantly with the instant
torque of a DC motor.  I guess you just don't accelerate very quickly.
Cheers,
Derf