[Spridgets] New Genny problem

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 14:48:25 MDT 2007

Frank & List,
I finally installed my new generator (the kind with the threads for a tach
drive unit) on my 62 Sprite 12cc motor I  tightened the bolts and the fan
belt appeared tight. When I started her up I saw a puff of smoke turned the
engine off but do not know where the smoke came from. Then I started it
again no smoke but I don't see the fan blade turning. I turned off the motor
and checked the belt and now it is loose. The generator was reconditioned at
my local auto electric shop several months ago. Did I over tighten and burn
it up? Why wouldn't the fan blade turn?
Lin

62 California Sprite "Pinky"
www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner