[Spridgets] half shaft retainer

Daniel1312 at aol.com Daniel1312 at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 12:44:32 MDT 2007

Maybe being a Brit I replace a Z with an S as a matter of course.

The fact you might be able to use a Phillips screwdriver on a Pozidrive screw
without damaging it doesn't make it corrrect, right, or good practice.
However, the issue is that to recommend something that in fact is wrong because it
works for you, isn't necessarily helpful.  When I first got my Sprite a very
long time ago there were a lot of chewed up Pozidrive fasteners on it so I
guess you weren't the PO and the PO lacked your 'touch'.  In fact when my car goes
to the body/paint shop they generally chew up the Pozidrive screws without
fail and they are professionals.  Nowdays they leave the strip and rebuilt to me
so I don't need to replace their handiwork.

I't's not a FACT you can do a perfectly good job that you use a Phillips
screwdriver to undo a Pozidrive screw.  It might be a fact that Derf can do a
perfectly good job undoing a Pozidriver screw with a Phillips screwdriver
providing that a PO hasn't chewed it up first.  The two statements are not the same
nor is it semantics.

If someone is new to working on their own car the last thing they need is to
learn how to use the wrong tool without damaging their fastners at the cost of
chewing up a lot of fastners.  I think it was a simple thing for me to point
out the difference and put someone on the right track without a huge debate
about how being wrong can be Ok.

Time for Ed to post a URL to his web page???

Regards

Daniel1312