[Spridgets] Civility?--No PC please

b-evans at earthlink.net b-evans at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 7 22:13:48 MDT 2007

>Elizabeth Jones wrote  "....I resent private opinions being aired, which  decry my country or her people, or her monarchy.

Ah, but I believe you will find that whatever the nationality, we are
all equal opportunity disparagers of other nations, colors, creeds, ad
infinitum, ad nauseum.  Why?  Because we are human beings.  The key is
to do it in good grace, and accept it in good humor, whether it was
intended humorous or not.  I was once with a relative in his very
crowded local (pub) in Sheffield.  Somewhere in from the crowd a voice
raised above the din, "I smell a damn Yank in here."  I simply replied,
"Yep, we are still over-paid, over-sexed, and over here," which brought
on a fit of laughter around me.  Similarly, later this summer we will be
playing host to a friend and his family  with whom I have stayed in High
Wycombe.  Graeme and Rowena have a deep distain for just about
everything American, and they voice them ceaselessly.  That does not,
however, keep us from being good friends.

I guess my point is that everyone on this list happens to be human, and
with it come our own unique frailties.  And we voice our feelings
because we know we are among friends, and friends know they can spout
off now and then.  Bottom line?  Life is too short to be taken too
seriously (and with PC)!