[Spridgets] Ride Height

KGROWLER at aol.com KGROWLER at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 19:19:54 MDT 2007

Daniel1312 wrote:

<<<I'm interested in what the stock ride height is for both a stock 1500
Midget
and any of the earlier cars (I'm expecting them all to be about the same).

I'd like the ride height measurement to be from the bottom of the sill (from
the face of the sill rather than underneath it) to the floor/road surface.>>>

My stock, still with original springs, '79 1500 sits at 5 3/4" to the bottom
of the sill at the front and at 6 3/4" at the rear on the left (driver's)
side.

And just to comment on Mark O'Neil's comment:

<<<I recently purchased a '79 Midget - not really my favorite year, but
a good one to start with as any I suppose.>>>

Give it a chance. I thought the same thing when I bought my '79 in 1981. I
originally figured it was a step on the way to an MGB or TR6. 26 years later and
I have or have driven a number of MGs and others but the '79 is still here
and it will be the last one to roll out of here. They're all fun. Including the
rubber bumper models. Do get the front suspension sorted out. I rebuilt mine
at 103000 miles and it made a big difference in the handling and feel of the
car. Hope you get as much enjoyment from your new acquisition.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See what's free at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>