[Spridgets] Civility?

Hal Faulkner hal at katemuir.com
Thu Jun 7 16:55:53 MDT 2007

Chuck wrote:
"WAIT ONE MINUTE!  is that the randy newman "we'll all go together when we
go"?  (oops wrong artist!)  along the lines of "poisoning pidgeons in the
park"???????    DARN IT!  who did "champagne charlie" & "small(what ever)
got shot by his own 38"??   was that leon redbone? (sorry but old obscure
vynal is in my home...)"

Chuck,

It was Tom Waits who did Small Change [got rained on with his own 38]

Poisioning Pigeons in the Park was by Tom Lehrer.  He had many a standout
song including:
The MLF Lulaby
Be Prepared
The Wild West is Where I want to Be
The Vatican Rag

Both are out on CD, by the way.

Some of you may be old enough to remember the '60s TV show That Was the Week
Was.  (or was it the Year?)  Tom Lehrer did the theme song for it.
He gave up satire when Richard "the Trickster" Nixon got elected president,
claiming that nothing he could write could possibly be stranger than that.
Well, a few presidents later we have proof that no matter how wierd it gets,
it can still get wierder.

Hal