[Spridgets] Hello and Kingpin bushings?

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Thu Jun 7 13:04:02 MDT 2007

Mark:

So far, our list of itinerant Spridget gurus have covered about
everything in the front suspension but sagging coil springs.  Take the
whole front end apart-- do a google search and you'll find some
step-by-step instructions, or just look at the blow-up in the Moss
Motors catalog. It's quite simple and will not take long. When you have
the whole thing in pieces, it will be easy to see what's junk and what's
still okay. (Remember, it was built by a company sinking in red ink, so
"quality" was not Job One). The recommended vendors are the best place
to start even though they are not in your corner of the country.
Customer serviced and product knowledge are worth something and their
prices are the same or lower than the "usual suspects" in the British
parts trade. Plus, they are part of our family. While your ate it, check
the front shocks.  They are probably shot too. (Bounce the car before
you disassemble the font end). Try to refill them at least once, but
when you tire of that, send them to World Wide Auto Parts (Peter the
Parts Pimp), who is the ONLY GAME IN TOWN for lever shocks, despite what
ads you may see in Hemmings.

Finally, be sure to chock the rear wheels before jacking the front end.
Cats are the preferred tool.

JohnD