[Spridgets] Hello and Kingpin bushings?

rrengineer at dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Thu Jun 7 11:31:41 MDT 2007

Mark,
    Hello and welcome to the list.  You already broke ettiquet by not
telling us your preference in guns, cats and beer.  If your wheel has
1/8th movement at the bottom and not the top it could be either the
lower kingpin bushing or the fulcrum pin.  Put the car on jack stands
and get underneathit and see if there is any movement at the fulcrum
pin.  Also make sure the wheel is not moving top and bottom.  Then I
would suspect the bearings.  In any case once you start taking it
apart to see what is wrong you will probably want to just rebuild the
whole front suspension.  New bushings make a world of difference is
the handling of the car.  The list provides some excellent parts
sources for your car, such as Peter Caldwell at NOS Imports and Ed at
Just Brits.  Don't forget Paul A when you put that 5 speed in your
Meegit.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2